Here are my top 20 favorite albums of 2011. Again, not necessarily the best, but the ones I tended to go back to more than some other ones. Thought this was a pretty great year too! I had a tough time keeping the list at twenty. If anyone would like to take a listen to 60 of my favorite songs of 2011, I made a Spotify playlist you can listen to HERE. A song from most of the albums listed below (not every album is on Spotify just yet) is on there.
- The Big Rour – Joy Formidable
- Yuck (Self-titled)
- Hurry Up We’re Dreaming – M83
- Bon Iver (Self-titled)
- The King is Dead – The Decemberists
- No Witch – The Cave Singers
- The Cold Still – The Boxer Rebellion
- Passive Me, Aggressive You – Naked and Famous
- Noel Gallagher’s High Flying Birds (Self-titled)
- The Year of Hibernation – Youth Lagoon
- Ceremonials – Florence + the Machine
- King of Limbs – Radiohead
- 21 – Adele
- Walls – An Horse
- Hysterical – Clap Your Hands Say Yeah
- The Walking Sleep – Katie Herzig
- En t’attendant – Melanie Laurent
- Young Love – Kye Kye
- Mylo Xyloto – Coldplay
- Burst Apart – The Antlers
An honorable mention to Birdy’s self-titled debut– the only reason being that I didn’t include it is because it’s primarily a collection of covers. But an incredible collection of covers sung by one of the most powerful fifteen-year-old voices I’ve ever heard.
Comments are now closed.